Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Final Countdown: 25 Days

link to original here
Ooo, I'm a little bit nervous. My August 25 deadline is coming up and I've got a lot left to do. You can find updates here, and then this is how you can help:

Do you have something you've really wanted to do, or to at least work towards doing, for awhile? Some goal or idea you want to see come to fruition? 

Here's where you stop putting it off and finally just do it. Sit down and write it out. Maybe you want to start a good habit. Maybe you want to quit a bad one. We've got 25 days to do this, eh? And we are each other's support system to succeed, because these next 25 days are not necessarily going to be easy. Not everyday, anyway.

So I'll post something daily that's inspired me to keep going. Something little -- maybe a video, a picture, a quote. A writing tip or tricks. A song. A link to another blog. Whatever. You do the same, and then post your link in the comments each day.

I have this theory that we are all connected in ways that words just don't do justice for. Call it energy, call it spirit, call it magic. Call it what you will. But I think that if a bunch of us are helping push each other towards positive things for the next 25 days -- things we've always wanted to do but never had the [fill in the blank; ex: self-confidence, time, support] to do -- maybe it'll make our struggle just a little bit easier? That's the idea, anyway.

I'm planning on taking two days off a week to rest and reassess. Probably Sundays and Thursdays. You can do the same, or just keep plowing through.  

Are you game? If so, what's your goal? What's your plan? And what's your inspiration today?

Here's mine:
Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight



13 comments:

  1. Aw, I was only wondering how you were on the deadline front the other day!

    You know I am in, with bells on...I am just struggling to narrow it down to one goal; I lost a decent amount of weight between August and October last year then I have been lazy since and have not made any further progress. I am in the process of kicking my self up the arse to get motivated with it again...or I really need to get back to blogging/writing on a regular basis.

    Hey lightbulb moment....Aim for motivation with eating right and by blogging things on a daily basis I can kill two birds with one stone :-)

    I am just happy that for the next 25 days I get a daily dose of you :-D

    Keep up the hard work until tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You're so fabulous! Thanks for the support and for playing along with me. You inspire me with your goals. They are excellent, so now I'm all excited for the Sleepy Joe daily dose too. Let's do this thing.

      Delete
    2. First dose already on my blog just didn't make it back to post my link loves xxx

      Delete
    3. First dose already on my blog just didn't make it back to post my link loves xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea, Deb! I have fallen off the writing wagon in the midst of this move and I need a kick in the pants. Perfect. I'm cheering for you as you round the final stretch and probably I can do that out loud, too! Go! Go! Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving is exhausting, emotionally, physically, spiritually...maybe you're just resting the wagon rather than falling off. Methinks you're the type that can't truly go crashing out of the wagon completely :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant idea! Support and cross pollination are so powerful. I will do my best to remember to participate, and I will definitely be checking in here. Best wishes for your personal goals. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully said! Thanks for the support and participation when you can. Best wishes to you as well for whatever you're busy doing :)

      Delete
  4. What I would like to do is finish my vacation album from the summer of 2010. I'm so close to the end, yet it just is sitting in piles on my desk collecting dust. I think I will get cracking and have it finished by Aug 25....just in time to start working on the album from this summer's vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Do it! Finishing will be inspiration for you to start on the one from this year. How fun.

      Delete
  5. My internet activity has been sporadic, so I'm glad I checked this. 25 days? I like that. I keep thinking I'll be ready to query quickly (say that 5 times fast), but then I find things like that link I sent you.
    So, I'm taking your challenge and will work to send out my queries in 25 (now 24) days. Thanks for the kick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! This is great! You can do it, Jewels. You need to get your book out there sista. People need to read your words. You inspire me -- your book can inspire thousands of others too. Do it, do it! I'm so excited for you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...