Monday, August 6, 2012

The Final Countdown: 20 Days

If you need some background or a reminder, here's the gist. Today is not Beta's birthday, but because of work and schedules and blah, blah, it's the day we're throwing his party. So it's going to be a busy one. Pictures to come soon.

Meanwhile, here's my inspiration today:

link to original here
Caitlyn is one of the best writers I've ever personally met. Bar none. I regularly follow her witty and insightful blog The other Hairs. No, the other ones (she had me at the name) where she posts thoughts on writing, on things going on the world, and in her life in general. 

But she's currently creating Halloween costumes for her girls and recording her process here, which is a great reminder to me that life is full of all sorts of magic. I'm focusing on my deadline right now, but after that, life will go on, and there's Halloween's and Thanksgiving's and other celebrations to be had. So many good things to look forward to.

And isn't Caitlyn's sewing amazing? In my next life I'm definitely planning on adding that to my list of abilities. How did I miss that on this go-around?

Today there's a birthday celebration. Today there is writing and magic and cake. Caitlyn's blog reminds me to enjoy life to it's fullest. I'm off to it.

  

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Party day to Beta :-)

    I hope you all had a fab time! There are times when we have to remember to enjoy the life we are living, all too soon it will be over. I'm off to try and cram a little more into my little old life. Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the cramming worked? And you had a wonderful day? I hope so.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy! And I really wish I would've paid attention in 7th grade Home Economics. Can't sew a lick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a very enjoyable day. And either I didn't take home ec? Or I've totally erased the memory from my head? Either way, sounds like it's bad news, eh? I'm glad I'm not the only one.

      Delete
  3. Ah! Thank you so much! Those are some of the nicest things people have ever said about me!! I hope my writing continues to live up to your expectations!

    It's fun that you're blogging every day and meeting your goals! Happy unbirthday to Beta! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm thinking it will, which I'm very happy about.

      Thanks for the happy thoughts, and can't wait to see you soon too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...