Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Getting Hope Back

Hello people, imaginary and otherwise.

Sometimes I forget who I am. Or I'm not proud of who I am. Sometimes a question throws me into a dark place and I don't remember what light looks like.

Today I'm thankful for this blog, and for all the people who have been involved with it somehow. I'm thankful for the people who inspire me and share their light. I'm thankful for moments of magic, for trouping fairies who have manifested in mysterious ways, and for backward clocks.

Thankful for so many things.

While I try to figure out where I want to go next, how I want to use this kickingcorners place to document my journey through, here is a lovely reminder from days long past. May it be used wisely, now, to charter direction into the future:


(Note to self and otherwise--watch the elephant in the link above, you won't regret it)




3 comments:

  1. You always know where to point someone to give them the right thing at the right time. Sometimes I am not proud of myself either, sometimes I don't even remember who 'I' am. Sometimes we have amazing people to remind us who we are and that whoever we are we are ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of those people, Sleepy Joe. Thank you times infinity.

      Delete
  2. Maybe we're each traveling along our own Hero's journey. And sometimes, we're the reluctant hero. And sometimes we're beaten down. And sometimes we reach the pit of despair and we're there until our entire life is sucked from us and we have to wait until someone rescues us because we're too dead to rescue ourselves. And sometimes we don't have the strength to stand and fight at the end but we still end up winning. So here's to us. Because, as Gloria Gaynor so eloquently put it, "I WILL SURVIVE!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...