Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tags and Hops


Henna paused in her shuffling. “What’s changed?”

“I can’t put my finger on it. It’s hard to explain,” he nodded at her, “and you know my situation better than most.”

“Okay?”

 “Ever since my,” Wynn shifted in his chair and looked wary, “transmogrification, I’ve had these moments I can sense my brother. Especially when he feels things deeply.”

______________________________________

Above is my reply to a tag wherein you go to the seventh page in your manuscript, finger down seven lines, and then copy-paste the next seven lines. C.S. Moore is my tagger, whose new book Scars of the Earth has recently come out so go check that ASAP if you can. She’s getting some great reviews.

And then below are the answers to a blog hop from Sleepy Joe wherein you answer ten questions about what you have either already published, or are trying to publish, are currently working on, etc. Thanks to her and all those who have encouraged me along the way.
______________________________________

What is the working title of your book?
link to original here
QUIET AWAKENING

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It had a rambling, bumbling start here, though I had a general idea what direction it was trundling in.

What genre does your book fall under?
Fantasy, specifically Urban/contemporary

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I don’t know the names of enough current actors to really peg this one. I’d have to troll Google images for longer than I want to find the right pictures.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A retired assassin is forced back into deadly games of the Underground when she finds out the person she loves most will be martyred in less than 48 hours.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’m going to try finding an agency for awhile. If I’m still down on my luck in a couple years (which might tell me a lot about needing to change my writing/story), I’ll look more seriously into the self-publishing route.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The first draft? Four months. But then it took me eight months to get the manuscript closer to where I want.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Charlaine Harris’ Southern Vampire Series; Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark Series (though without the intense intercourse scenes, and honestly I don’t know if this helps or hurts the marketability of my stuff); M.L.N Hanover’s Black Sun’s Daughter Series

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Sariah lit the initial fire under my ass, but many people kept me going along the way including Saralyn, Kins, Megan, Alison, and I could go on.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
While this first book focuses primarily on angels and demons, the next ones will have a wider variety of characters including djinn, faeries, mermaids, and you’ll have to keep reading to find out what other creatures slither out of the woodwork.


Any thoughts sparked? Questions answered? And do you have a novel you're working on or trying to get published? Post your own version of the tag and hop, then link up in the comments so others can get a sneak peek at your stuff too.

 

9 comments:

  1. I love it! I want to do it to! How do you link on this thing? I don't speak computer. Here's the address if anyone wants to copy and paste, and maybe someone will take pity on me and teach me how to actually link up:

    http://willyandcathair.blogspot.com/2013/01/tagging-myself_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I had in mind, actually. I don't know how to set it up otherwise, so copy-pasting the link is perfect. I'm so glad you did it! I'm heading over to see...

      Delete
  2. You're smart about not googling people for your characters. I spent WAY too much time doing that. (Though, it was kind of fun.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no doubt it would be fun. And there are definitely times when I'm watching a movie that I cock my head at an actress and think, "Is that Aimee?" But then I don't write the name down to go google and it all seems so laughable and like too much work. So meh. I'm stuck with imagination :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with it already. Why can't and agent just catch up and then I can read it all!!!!

    Any way, characters...I really struggle because I either have an idea in my head or a real person when I think of my characters so probably best to keep it to myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for your kind words, I'm glad I help you along the way too. It stops me from feeling selfish with how much you help and inspire me ;-)

      Delete
    2. Oh, this is so true with the characters. They are often bits and pieces of people I know, you're right. So maybe it is best to keep it to myself. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed learning a little more about your project. I really am in awe of all the creative people even in just the little corner of the internet that I bop around to. Not just creative--but actually motivated and committed. I don't write fiction, but would love for a little of this determination and focus to rub off on me through the computer screen for projects I've been thinking about for YEARS. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masked Mom! So good to hear from you again, I've missed you. Thanks for coming by and commenting. And it would be sooo awesome if computer screens were like genie bottles and we could rub some focus, determination, and talent from other people's blogs/sites. Anyone out there want to work on that?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...