Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Final Countdown: Uh, Let's See...4 Days?

If you need background or a reminder, here’s the gist. 

This is how my inspiration today ends:

KEEP IT TOGETHER

A writer’s brain is full of little gifts, like a piñata at a birthday party. It’s also full of demons, like a piñata at a birthday party in a mental hospital. The truth is, it’s demons that keep a tortured writer’s spirit alive, not Tootsie Rolls. Sure they’ll give you a tiny burst of energy, but they won’t do squat for your writing. So treat your demons with the respect they deserve, and with enough prescriptions to keep you wearing pants.


link to original here

So now go here to see how it starts. 


6 comments:

  1. Yay and oh.

    Thanks for the link, I will go back and take a look when I am in a better frame of mind. I am having muse problems.

    Love, hugs and kick in the ass to keep it together and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the link will help you get into a better frame of mind. Go check it out, it made me smile and forgive myself all in one go. Just what I needed too.

      Love, hugs, and kick in the ass right back atcha :)

      Delete
  2. That last sentence made me snort laugh. Oh, the demons. I want to strangle them and at the same time I'm terrified of what I'd do if they ever left me.
    Keep at it, Deb! You're almost there and you're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that perhaps it would. I'm glad it did. Almost there and you're my hero too! Thanks TangledLou. How's your writing?

      Delete
  3. "If everyone’s putting periods at the end of their sentences, put yours in the middle of words. Will it be incredibly difficult to read? Yes it will. Will it set you on the path to becoming a literary pioneer? Tough to say, but you’re kind of out of options at this point."

    I think I know what to do next...Or, rather, n.ext

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...