Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life Unplugged

My inspiration:



Because:

and


and



So here's my equation: 

Give me some of these,

and 

certainly this,

plus

a handful of this guy,

and

 one of these too please.


Multiply by:
link to original here
this hike plus a few others around here,

and

link to original here
this 10k along the Greenbelt of my old hometown.


Of course I'll need this:


And a whole lot of this:


Now this is the new gig in town I want to check out:

link to original here

And this is the next song I'm hunting down the tabs for:



All this equals:


Meanwhile, did we all know that Deb is a licensed teacher? Secondary Education, Language Arts/English/ESL, specifically (as evidenced by the fact that my "math" had more to do with pictures and words, a few pithy computative terms sprinkled in here and there, than numbers and actual equations. I'll do pretty much anything to avoid wrestling with arithmetic). Yes, yes, it's true. So. 

Your homework while I'm out:

First -- Read this article and feel the power of being validated by a real live agent.

Second -- Create a post on your blog answering the name-thing, and then five of the following questions (or more, if you would be so bold). Link up your post in the comments below, as well as any additional stories and posts the questions may spark, then visit some of the other people posting their links too. Give them some positive energy and comment love.

Homework is due May 22:


1. What are you listening to right now?
2. Do you like your handwriting?
3. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
4. What’s your favorite breakfast?
5. The first thing you notice about people is… 
6. In what way are you irrational?
7. If you needed a kidney, who would be the first person willing to donate one to you?
8. Where’s the farthest you’ve been from home?
9. Scary movies or happy endings?
10. What makes you feel young?
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
12. What’s something you aren’t?
13. If you had next Monday off from all responsibilities and expectations, what would you do?
14. Do you always smile for pictures?
15. What would you be willing to literally fight for?
16. What is your all-time favorite joke?
17. Wonderland or Oz?
18. What’s the story of your first kiss?
19. How do you explain déjà vu?
20. What’s the coldest you’ve ever been?


Moment of Magic today:

Wishing you many moments of magic this month -- feel free to comment about those too.



33 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break and may it be productive and restorative. Meanwhile... I'll be working on my homework. I was always a very responsible nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TwoCreeks... t'was after a night of poetry here when Shaun and I first kissed back in 2006...sappy sappy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't make it over to the new TwoCreeks yet. If it's that magic-inducing, though (cause you and Shaun are everything magical together) I'm obviously going to need to make that a priority this week. Obviously.

      I love sappy.

      Delete
  3. I'm always a little sad to read that one of my blogger-friends is taking a break. Kind of like your HS friend going on vacation. But, I totally understand. I hope you get much done and enjoy those two adorable boys. I, too, will be working on my homework. (already read the article- genius!)
    BTW- you really live just down the freeway from me? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love the simile -- so true!

      And very cool that we live but a freeway-drive away. This means rendezvous, right?

      Delete
  4. Noooooo! I am going to have serious withdrawal!!!!!!

    Ok so I guess I don't blame you for taking a break. I daren't at the minute, it has been hard work making sure I keep to my new plan this week (and it's only the second week in!!). I hope your break is all that you need it to be. And I can't wait to see you back, deadlines met and 10k survived with my homework complete at the end of the month :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being back! I had serious withdrawal as well -- shakes, rocking, nervous ticks. I even broke down and had to visit a couple of blogs last week... :)

      All good things, though. The break was definitely what I needed, thanks.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. And I in yours, now. Thanks for the visit and the nod.

      Delete
  6. I hope you enjoy your break, and it is super productive for you. Here is my homework. http://duckonawire.blogspot.com/2012/05/20-questions-of-homework-or-for-deb.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very productive, yes. Thanks DR. Loved your homework post, and love the idea of coming back to all this good stuff.

      Delete
  7. Have a good break. Looking forward to seeing how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope all was/is well in your world too :)

      Delete
  8. Enjoy every delicious moment of your online hiatus.

    Oh, and I'm bookmarking this one so I don't forget to do my homework. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious. What a perfect word. Yes, it was very delicious :)

      Delete
  9. I have answered your question on my post... I'll miss reading your posts for the time you are gone, but hope you enjoy your sabbatical!

    http://1219sibmtt.blogspot.com/2012/05/some-questions-answered.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a.eye. Loved your post and looking forward to following you regularly again now.

      Delete
  10. Enjoy! This was a great blog to read and you have inspired me to make time for more of that stuff! ;) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and the props. I'm so glad you feel inspired to take time for you. Love it.

      Delete
  11. Enjoy your time... looks like you have some great things coming your way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was good. And thanks for stopping by -- I always love checking out other new (to me) blogs.

      Delete
  12. I hope your break is proving fruitful and restorative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I remember why I was never so keen on homework, it always made me think so much!

    Anyway, I think I may have just posted the longest ever post in response, so happy reading :-)

    http://sleepyjoes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/ranodm-thursdays-return-of-homework.html

    I hope you are enjoying your writing and that your break is proving produtive beacuse quite frankly Friday just wasn't the same with out a little fairy tale to take me into the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great post, Sleepy Joe. I loved it, and I'm glad it was so long. I wouldn't have had it any shorter, for sure. Fairy Tale Fridays were missed on this end as well -- I love a good fairy tale.

      Delete
  14. Just cause you're unplugged doesn't mean you can ignore me. :) Call me please. Heth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mrs. Stevens, here is my homework! http://heymrsp.blogspot.com/2012/05/homework-for-mrs-stevens.html

    Can you grade it now?

    Why not?

    No seriously, I need you to grade it now, because my mom wants to see my grades tonight and I need this in so that the grade looks better.

    Will you do it by the end of today? I'll come by at the beginning and end of every class today to remind you to grade it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Perfect, really. This comment as well as your post -- thanks for participating Mrs. P

      Delete
  16. Hey! When you back to blogging I just gave you the Kreativ blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! Yay for Kreativ blogging. I'm headed over soon to see what I've been missing... Thanks!

      Delete
  17. Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts and blogging love! Magical for sure. I'm sighing with contentment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...