Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mission Totally Possible

link to original here
Your mission Reader, should you choose to accept it:

The Quick Version (this will take you all of one minute):

If all you have is one minute, stop reading this now and just go here to give up some comment love. Follow, if you dare, then move on your merry little way. Do a good deed for the day? Check that one off your list. Done.


The Extended Version (reading this? Maybe a minute. Commenting at 's blog? One mere minute more):

Blogging takes the sacrifice of time, effort, blood, and tears. You and I know this. Well, maybe less blood and more time, lots of time, depending on how strict we are with our...oh, you know what I mean. I could go on and on, but that's not the point of an extended version.

There is a Blogess out there who needs some love. She's been uber busy (I'm pretty positive you know how that feels) and has been making lots of big decisions and changes in her life lately. With so many balls up in the air, she wasn't able to get back to the blog for over a month? Time, time, so little time.

But she's back.

The mission, then, is to visit her most recent post and send her positive energy, welcome back encouragement, pieces of sincerity, and/or precious bits of you. Because we all know what it is to have "one of those days" (or weeks? Maybe the feeling stretches out into months?), where it's all too much and you feel like it's hard to even breathe sometimes.

And then something magic happens -- a complete stranger, out of nowhere and for seemingly no reason, looks you in the eye and smiles. It could be in the grocery store, the bank, waiting in line for the restroom. Regardless of where this magic takes place, it's awesome. When the stranger grins, their eyes crinkle, and that's how you know it's real. And then they look away, move past you, and life moves on. But the heavy load has been lifted, even if just for that moment, and you remember things always get better eventually.

needs your virtual smile, and you could just pass this moment on thinking some other stranger will do it. What difference does your smile make? Or you don't have time yourself? Or this is all just so not interesting to you?

You make a difference. If you make the time, just one minute to pop in and say "Hi," I'm thinking someone will do the same for you somewhere in the near future when you're most needing it. And if this is just not interesting -- well, fair enough. I get it. But. It only takes one minute.


The Ultra-Extended Version (for the die-hards, though honestly if you've gotten this far the rest is all down hill):

More detail and backstory can be found here and here. Enjoy. 

As always, should you or anyone in your IM force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck Reader.

link to original here

 

8 comments:

  1. Bless your sweet heart! Thanks for passing this along. Super duper people out there, I tells ya. It makes me giddy with excitement to know that such good people are out there, just being fabulous. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure entirely. It's fun to pass good things along.

      Delete
  2. Sincerely. Thank you. I know she is thrilled (and admittedly weepy) over the outpouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for weeping in happy ways! For sure, this was fun.

      Delete
  3. It has been fun, fabulous and fantastic to see so many blogers taking up the mission!

    I love your take on it, you have made me smile again today. You hit the nail on the head when you said 'where it's all too much and you feel like it's hard to even breathe sometimes'. Just to let you know you are regularly that person, with your virtual smiles and encouragement, that lifts the cloud for me. Just to let you know that it is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It was your post that inspired me, though, and then I had to go check out what all the hullabaloo was about. So thanks to you for being the good example I needed. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I would have been one of those people who just said, "I don't have the time right now..."

      I love that I was able to make you smile again, and that I can be at all helpful to you in dispersing unwanted clouds. Thanks for your kind words. They, in turn, make my day.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much! You are very kind, and I look forward to following your blog. I am very moved that people I have never even spoken to before today would do me such a kindness. I look forward to following your blog! Caro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caro, you are very welcome. I really am glad you're back, even though I don't know you at all (yet?), and I look forward to following your blog too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...